Search This Blog

Thursday, August 18, 2011

A Brief Letter From The Front

Hey Blogfans!

You knew I couldn't stay away for too long.

Since I've decided to take my writing to the next level (ie stop whining about what I can't do and make the most of what I can do) I've had a couple articled published in the paper, a tentative offer to do some technical writing and an article to write for a magazine (they asked *me*!)  Oh and I have a, potentially fabulous, features assignment. That's pretty awesome.

I have also distanced myself from people who were getting me down. That helped a lot. 

I'm still a little fiction shy. A writer friend needed some help with his query letter and, while I was happy to help, thinking about the process from that perspective (as a hopeful newbie) freaked me out a bit (okay, a lot). I really, really, don't want to go through that process again 

Oh, lol, I still haven't heard from that agent who was "loving the story so far, please send a full MS". It's been nine months since our first contact. It wouldn't surprise me to learn I was in the Limberlost. That's okay, I spend a great deal of time there what with one thing and another.

So, that's it for now. 

Until next time,
S.H.


No comments:

Post a Comment