Search This Blog

Thursday, January 27, 2011

Meh

Howdy blogfans!


Due to absolutely vile weather and a an unreliable laptop I have had to move my base of operations here at Hubris house. No longer will I shiver (or broil) out in the sun room and hope to finish writing before the laptop dies. I was forced  to call off writing too many times due to weather or fried power supply (what's up with *that* btw?) and I can't afford to miss a writing day when I start the next book.


It's taking me a while to get used to my new surroundings but I have time. Although I've lost my view I have gained some privacy and permanency that was sorely lacking before.


Let's see... What else is going on? I learned that I should not have sent a link to my blog in my query letters (even though it was extremely non invasive- just a link at the very bottom of the page) because I have fewer than 10,000 followers and my blog isn't about KMS anyway so agents won't care. Silly me, I thought they may want to see if I was able to write something other than just the book I sent. I won't make that mistake again. This is how we learn I guess...


What else? 


Lots of knitting but I haven't taken photos. I'm learning a faster knitting method- it isn't really exciting but it keeps my mind busy. The garden is calling me but I know from past experience that it is a very bad idea to get out there until mid February (except for pruning the fruit trees- that needs to be done next week.) I'm planning a new bed- I want to plant vegetables in the (fairly formal) front yard so I need an attractive way to do so. Hey- It's exciting to me. I can see your eyes glazing over though so I'll move on.


Oh I finished editing that short story (well I will never be done editing anything but I think the story is good enough to send to a couple of magazines.) I had a some of my most patient beta readers go over it and they responded as I had hoped. It was so much fun to write something challenging and different.  Even if I can't sell this piece I feel like I've learned a lot from it so it was a good thing.  Also, interestingly, all those lit analysis classes paid off in spades because when one knows how to deconstruct a story properly one is able to construct one almost instinctively. 


And that's life here at Hubris House this week. 


Until next week my friends.


Yours,
S.H.

No comments:

Post a Comment