Search This Blog

Wednesday, September 8, 2010

It's Not Like I Have A Peppermint Patty All Up In My Shoe

We have a new saying for the NSSH book of wisdom.

"I have a peppermint patty all up in my shoe," said NSSH.
"Wow, that really sucks Dad," said SSH.

Now we use it to mean "wow something nasty is getting in my way right now." Seriously- has a dog ever dropped a gooey peppermint patty in your shoe? It's quite unpleasant.

I have a peppermint patty all up in my book at the moment.

Your humble blogger has spent some pretty intense time on a super major rewrite. It was exhausting but I think I have the MS where I want it to be. So that was worth it. I submitted it to some friends for review and was given some useful feedback.


I got some really super nasty feedback too but that's ok. 


Feedback is good. You can take from it what is useful and try not to think about the stuff that is irrelevant. Figuring out which is which can be tough (this the peppermint patty.)

I don't know. I think, maybe, this book is ready. I know I've said that before but this time I think I'm just about there. I have a few more copies to send to various readers and we'll see what comes back. 
 
So far, people are actually reading this version and I can't help but see that as a positive sign. I have to have a really super refined version done by November for another contest (that I won't win but the prize is worth the chance) and I'll restart the submission process. New title, new beginning, less overburdened detail. A more realistic view of publishing.
 
Maybe old S.H. will finally get a chance at the golden ring.
 
Oh and lots more rejection from lovely impartial strangers- it's my favorite kind.
 
Wish me luck loyal fans (Katie, Adam) and have a great week.
S.H.
 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment