Search This Blog

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Return from the Limberlost

Well blog world it is nice to be home, I've missed you. 

Last week I traveled back East to the Hubris homeland. It was good to be back, sort of.

Even yours truly has a mother- I know it's a shock. My mother has Chronic Lymphatic Leukemia. She's had it for probably ten years and it hasn't been much of a problem until lately. Last week she started chemotherapy. It did not go well. My dad and I (yes I have a father too) spent the week in the hospital with her. The infusion room of the cancer center is its own special hellish sort of place and I just don't want to talk about it. 

My Aunt, and yes I have many aunts but this is my favorite aunt, had brain surgery last week while my  mom was having chemo. I didn't visit my poor aunt- she was in a different hospital- but I certainly did worry about her. She had a benign tumor removed from her frontal lobe. She seems to be OK now but I guess alive and able to talk is the criteria for OK after this sort of thing.

My cousin's wife (yes I have cousins too) had her first baby last Thursday and I did get to visit them. Frankly it was the highlight of the trip. Well, I also was able to visit my nephew  and that was purely awesome (I come with a full compliment of family- don't be too surprised) and another highlight.


I don't know, last week was a lot to deal with and digest. 

I did have email (on my trusty ipod) and was able to receive another rejection for KMS. It barely stung at all considering everything else. I need to rewrite KMS and get to work on Chad but the whole time I was in the Limberlost I just couldn't even think about writing. My family is rather high maintenance and it takes everything I've got just to deal with them. No wonder I couldn't write when I lived there. I'm still a little foggy truth be told. It's amazing to me how incredibly different my life is from my family's.

My trip back to the motherland was very educational and, once things settle down, there's a lot to think about. I don't know when things will settle down though and I don't think my writing is going to be very coherent until I can process what's been going on. 

I'm spending my (previous writing) time making teddy bears to sell on Ebay. I need to raise some cash to pay for the Killer Nashville conference that's coming up- I refuse to make NSSH pay for my writing stuff if I can help it. Besides, making teddy bears takes very little time or thought and they look great when complete. Everyone can see what's right or wrong with a teddy bear and if you screw up it's easy to figure out how to fix it. And, unlike writing, I can sell teddy bears.

Well guys I'll post more later and, just possibly, it'll be stuff worth reading. Have a great week and thank you for your patience!
S.H. 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment