Search This Blog

Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Absence... Heart...Fonder, Yada, Yada, Yada.

Whohoo! I am happy to be back after a week long absence. My, poor overworked, laptop needed some maintenance and I was AFK for, what felt like, a very long time. I didn't write a word all week- it was not fun.

I did, however, finish Vanessa's epic baby blanket (some lame photos may be found on the page Knitting/ other projects- a link is located on the top of the blog.) I also made her a little tummy time blanket- it took less than 2 hours to complete and I'll bet anything she likes it more than the knitted blanket that took me 200+ hours to design and knit. I'm not all that worried about it, the knit blanket is really for her parents. Oh and I made an adorable blue flannel teddy bear for Ferris. I think I like his bear best out of all the projects. I'll post photos after he gets it- I want him (and his parents) to be surprised.

As far as writing is concerned- well this week has been miserable. Before the laptop died I was making good progress cutting the heck out of KMS. I knew what I wanted to do next- it was all good- then, BAM, a week without access and I haven't been able to focus or remember what I wanted to do. Argh!

Reading, my fallback, has also been a bummer. All I can think is "I'll never see any book of mine in print, I'm not good enough but then neither are these people." It was all very emo and just horrifically disheartening.  Besides, most of the books I took out of the library to read were extraordinarily lame. I did not list them under current reading. 

I did read two good books though. Merry, Merry Ghost was excellent, Carolyn Hart is a fantastic writer- humbling really- and an inspiration. I enjoyed her Death On Demand series but she's really come into herself with her latest Bailey Ruth book. Kind of kooky- a spunky dead lady comes to earth as an emissary from Heaven to help people- but fun to read.


And, of course, I've missed you invisible blog people. Hopefully things will straighten out here and I'll get back into some kind of writing rhythm. I've got a plan- after KMS is seriously shortened I'll try to sell it again. Then, when I'm rejected continually, I'll add some recipes or knitting patterns (left space in the text for this contingency) and try again and then maybe I'll shelve it. Chad The Impaler is coming along well. I'm researching rollergirls- reading a great rollergirl memoir- but that's a post for another day.

Have a terrific week!


S.H.









 

No comments:

Post a Comment